Tuesday 18 November 2008

How to get ahead of yourself - More things to do in the days to come

Today while reading Eat Pray Love at work i came across the most beautiful concept in the world - something i've appreciated and mastered for a long long long time now.
In Italian it is Bel Far Niente or The Beauty of doing Nothing.
While this concept has been successfully mastered, i think it is time to add to the wishlist.

The original wishlist is posted here
So here goes - Complete wishlist along with the additions:


Original list:

  1. Watch a football game live (EPL, definitely an Arsenal game)
  2. Learn to play the guitar (that’s been lying at home for the past 8 years)
  3. Learn to play the drums.
  4. Learn Golf (I’m gonna get rich some day and it is the rich man’s game)
  5. Learn to swim (so i don't drown)
  6. Figure what the stock market game is all about, and make some moolah off it
  7. Learn to skate.
  8. Learn to drive a bike (and be good at it)
  9. Learn to drive a car (and be good at it as well)
  10. Own my own car
  11. Go cross country travelling round India (Only been to Pune, Goa and Jamshedpur so far)
  12. Visit my top 20 cities in the world (Been to Barcelona, Amsterdam & Copenhagen)
  13. Write a letter to / write for a newspaper or magazine (as in get it published)
  14. Be interviewed by a news channel (I like when people ask my opinions)
  15. Be an extra on a television soap opera/ movie.
  16. Get Married (this one needs to be here on this list... i have friends already telling me i might die a spinster considering my complicated love life)
  17. Write my will (and have something to bequeath in it)
  18. Travel to 6 continents. Am excluding Antarctica here. (Europe and Asia so far)
  19. There are 194 counties in the world. Visit as many as I can (So far Netherlands, Denmark, U.A.E., Austria, Sweden, Spain, Singapore, Cambodia, Thailand , Indonesia, & Malaysia)
  20. Take a year off just to do nothing
  21. Go skinny-dipping (after learning to swim)
  22. Learn to sail. (also after I learn to swim)
  23. Not owe anyone any money. Be Debt free. (done. I'm Debt Freeeee 5.10.2008)
  24. Fly a kite.
  25. Own my own house
  26. Have a graffiti wall of my own
  27. Learn to carry a proper note for more than 10 seconds (which would be the toughest thing on this list considering my singing abilities)
  28. Watch a play (yeah, never have till now)
  29. Latin American dances
  30. Bungee jumping
  31. Skydive.
  32. Go for a Pearl Jam concert
  33. Go for a Green Day concert
  34. Additions
  35. Learn a Language: I'm opting for either Italian or Spanish
  36. Learn a skill that should be completely useless to me. As in taking proper classes to learn, and it should probably be something like making furniture or baking cakes or learning to make chocolates - which I won't need to know.
  37. Self teaching myself a will-not-use-again skill. What differentiates this from number 35 is the teacher. Moi. To make this even more interesting, the self taught skill should help in making/saving money i would otherwise spend to buy a product. So it would have to be something like learning to stitch or Sewing or whatever it's called, and can't be teaching myself to climb the stairs two at a time.
  38. This should be the toughest one and least likely to happen: For a whole week to go to the gym. And exercise.
  39. Learn Pilates or Yoga or some other form of meditation. I'm not sure why but i did buy myself a book on pilates.
  40. To read a 100 books in 2009. See my 100+ reading challenge here. This is the only one with a deadline so far
  41. In keeping with the over ambitious and cheekiness of this stupid delirious day, i'm thinking what the hell.. lets just add on to this now and make a nice 40 things. So, number 40 is to have atleast 3 months of my present salary saved in my bank account by end 2009. Well, one can always dream

2 comments:

Lateralus said...

You think a lot!

K said...

i didnt think of all of it at one go.. besides, sometimes i have a lotta time on my hands