Tuesday 11 November 2008

How to Stay Away From Work - Sick Leave Reasons you can send your manager before falling back into bed!!!

These are what I call the '8 am fantastic excuses for not coming to work' sms reasons I've received from people who work with me. Its actually quite a big list, but these ones below are the gems from the lot that i've still saved on my phone

  • "I stay in bed today. I feel e room spinning. Will come to office day after tomorrow" (How do you know in advance that it will take 2 days for the room to stop spinning. I did wonder, but i didn't ask)
  • "Good Morning, Yesterday at midnight I fainted and fell in e toilet. Got 50cents bump on my forehead. Feeling nausea and room spinning at times. Doc said I should rest. So I am resting"
  • "My doctor said I have a salt imbalance in my body and I should not go to the office"
  • "Last night I went home, and I was walking in my house and I banged my toes against the cupboard. I rest today and come to work tomorrow"

While reading these, it is also nice to note that in Singapore (atleast in my workplace) you need a Medical Certificate for all sick leave that you take. Even if it is for one day. And I've always received a certificate the next day from my sickly bunch

5 comments:

Lateralus said...

e-room and e-toilet... you people in Singapore sure have upgraded!

K said...

well thats how she wrote when she messaged, what can i say

Lateralus said...

you could have replied with "BUDHU!"

K said...

And then taken to trouble to explain what Budhu meant? HA!!! no way. Besides, it was 8 in the morning, why would i do that to myself!!!

Lateralus said...

'cause you think a lot and do a lot of work :)