Monday 15 September 2008

Monday Morning Blues?

I am not someone who ever has Monday blues… not that I like coming to work everyday, but Monday is not given any special status in my book of life.. I don’t like waking up every morning, regardless of the day of the week (OK, OK, except Saturdays and Sundays when the day begins by 3 noon)
But this is one of those days that are just not getting over. I feel like I've been here at this desk a week at least - at a stretch
All I have to do today that should really matter is write up minutes of my meetings in Malaysia last week. But NO, I can't for the life of me be bothered to get it done with right now.. Which means I'll start at 5:20 and try and rush thru it so I can be out the door by 5:30. Oh well, its all about managing expectations - and I CANNOT be expected to care.


My only contribution to this day is the below "poem"
"I'm here I'm there I'm everywhere
but home in bed is where i want to be"
Which I might add, I think is worthy of the Whatsitcalled award that poets get. And Mr. D'souza, I do not like your comments on making me think!!!

Also, I found this on one of those sites on How to Beat the Monday Morning Blues (altho it is 3 in the afternoon here now)
"Take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in feeling miserable on Monday morning. There are millions of folks out there feeling the same way."
No. comfort doesn't help. Although my bed might.


2 comments:

Lateralus said...

hahaha

K said...

Don't laugh.. it was a very very very long tiresome day yesterday.