Friday 26 September 2008

Dear John... How to make friends on Facebook

Hey K....,
how's school and everything going?
How's your week been?
xox,john ; D


This is the message i found in my inbox on Facebook
Now needless to say, i do not know any John D, and you'd think he would check before sending a message to random strangers (Or is this the new trend now ? hmmm)
I didn't find a lot of people with my name on Facebook, so he must be real daft to screw up like this.

Neway, i'm contemplating this reply:

Dear John
My week has been fantabulous (schoolkid lingo, getting into character now)
The fact that i'll be holidaying back home before you can finish properly singing 'November Rain' makes it an even better week
School was great, awesome i tell you. I stopped going some 9 years ago. They said i had to leave and join some college. Something about finishing my education and moving on.. i don't remember well now, but i think i was happy about leaving.

Everything else is going great too. I would be more specific except i haven't a clue in the world what you are referring to.

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, who are you?

Cheers,
K
PS: Did the "xox" in your mail mean something like hugs and kisses? Mama always told me never to talk to strangers, let alone share hugs or kisses.. and i'm already pushing that rule by sending you this mail, so....


No comments: