Monday 15 September 2008

The Dark Phase of my life is over

Finally, I am over and done with this craze. The normal days are back again. Let me explain.
I HATE shopping. The whole idea of spending hour after hour into a million malls buying countless clothes - choosing, selecting.. Wondering whether those pants makes one look thin or like a turkey plumped for Thanksgiving, then wondering which of the 2 shirts look good cause 'well, Oh, I do like them both you know..I just cant make up my mind' !!!!
Phew !!! I dunno how people do this.

You need a shirt, you go into a store, pick one, buy it and walk out - 15 mins tops - that's all it should take. Can't decide between 2 - well then buy them both and leave everyone be. That salesperson doesn’t give a rats arse which one makes you look good as long as you buy something and get on with it.
This is usually how I used to shop. I've always hated shopping..so the faster its over with, the better.

But then.. Things changed a bit when I went to Bangkok.. I'm not sure why or how but I think its was Mob mentality. Yes, yes, I am blaming this on other people. See, the girls who were with me were maniacs - at shopping that is.. They just picked everything in the store. Where a normal person would pick maybe 2 items of clothing in 10 mins, these women had picked 12.
It was like they were on a mission to take everything from Bangkok back home. So in this feeding frenzy, I got carried away a bit and bought quite a few things as well - things that I didn’t particularly need!!!
And its kinda continued from then onwards.. Buying things I may not want/need but for the fact that they look good or whatever.


But then Malaysia happened last week.
Yes, I did shop.. Bought a couple of things - all things I will be using. Mostly cause I was forced to go shopping. People I know from the Bangkok days apparently remembered my "like" for shopping and took me around to do the same in KL. I didn't know how to break it to them that I didn't want to, so I just went along with it…
But for the rest of the trip when I was by myself.. Didn’t buy anything (Something for the boyfriend, but this will be his first gift in a year I think, so it shouldn’t count)
Didn’t feel like buying - didn’t want to buy.. I just looked around.. Content with myself that THE DARK PHASE OF MY LIFE IF FINALLY OVER

No comments: