Sunday 29 June 2008

Indiana Jones and Theatre conversations

Finally went to watch Indiana Jones at the theatre the other day.. This is not the kind of movie where i would want noisy kids (or adults) around me ruining my concentration.. I tried, but couldn't help overhearing these bunch of American kids next to me.. They looked in their early teens

Kid One: The movie was supposed to start at 7, and it's still not begun yet
Kid Two: Exactly !!! I mean, WTF !!! Its been half and hour of just watching the ads..

Now i don't know how kids in the US speak, but I would think you usually abuse or you don't at all.. I've never actually heard anyone use an abbreviation of a cuss word.. You need to really imagine an angry 13yr old saying "WTF" in an American accent to appreciate why i dropped the whole packet of popcorn on the floor and was laughing for the next 20 mins (well, I'm laughing till now and its been a while)

As for the movie, well its Indian Jones.. Its made to entertain...and it was loads better than Get Smart. I guess Steve Carell either scores it big or not at all

No comments: