Tuesday 24 July 2007

finally the last one...

Hopefully the last update here on Harry potter.. (for a while atleast)

So the book's finally out !! And what a book it was.. I absolutely loved it. My Sis has told me I should admit that I'm as crazed a fan as she is. It isn't fair, she says, for her to get all the attention on this blog, I'm the one writing it after all :O)
Thank god the book released on a Saturday, the weekend could never have been better... It had it all, everything I expected... All the months of speculation on whether Harry's gonna live or die, who else is gonna die - JK R , you did do a good job
Although I have to admit, the end was a bit like some rajnikanth movie... He dies and then comes back to life??!!
Yeah, ok, that’s the only way she could have done it - killed him and kept everyone happy - but seriously, it was a bit corny....
A bumbling fumbling Harry finally becomes the enlightened one at the end of the book when he's talking to Voldemort? I mean C'mon, how did he figure the part on who is the real owner of the Elder when he couldn’t before he died, and his talk with Dumbledore didn’t have that part bout Draco and stuff, although it was implied.
And how on earth did she kill off Fred, Tonks and Lupin without any explanation of how they died or who killed them?
Was up till 6 in the morning reading the book, and despite all I said above, it was worth it.. I liked the 19 yrs later.. Definitely made sure no one would continue the legacy of Harry Potter after that ending...
The book could have been longer though... Was hoping this would be the longest book in the series.
Brainwashed my sister into accepting the fact that I would read the book first (infact, I made her do a lot of chores for me before the book release, reminding her that it was the only way she would be able to read the book.. Hehehe, evil I am)
When we finally got the book though, I couldn’t take the look on her face... We started off reading it together, but she's so freaking slow I tell you, my goldfish can read faster than her. Considering that she's gonna read it atleast 50 times more, I thot she'd try and read a lil faster... In the end, I read it by myself and gave it to her later... Crazy Woman she is...
Yesterday was Daniel Radcliffe's birthday..so my sis, who hasn’t gone to college since Saturday cause she's busy worshipping the book, finally leaves the house only to return with this huge cake that reads "Happy Birthday Daniel"
If I thought she was crazy before, I'm sure now that I underestimated her earlier...

No comments: