Friday 19 December 2008

Christmas gifts and what happens when college kids try to ACT cool

Its that time of the year again, when I think its fun to spend all my hard earned money* to buy gifts for other people. And I'm not only referring to the fact that its Christmas, but also that I'm going back home for the holidays and so am expected to get things for everyone like a good human being would (I should be in HR, no?)
Also it was the Boyfriend's birthday in November and I've never gotten him anything before, so I thought I should spend some **. Called Lil Sis to run ideas by

Me: So between Armani, Kenneth Cole, Tag Heuer, Calvin Klein - what would you choose. Or are there other brands I haven't thought of
She: What about like Titan and stuff?
Me: You do realise the class of watches I'm talking about. Titan is about 2 categories+ below on this food chain.
She: What's brands does he like?
Me: He wanted a Rolex Lil Sis, and since I haven't lost my senses yet, I will not spend MY money on such insane things. Come to think of it, a good Tag Heuer is expensive too. Cross that off the list. So what do I get?
She: My friends are here and he says get Tommy Hilfiger
Me: He has one already, I took it for a year and then he stole it back. He also has Esprit
She: Ok, now my friend says get an S-WATCH, its real nice
Me: a what?
She: An S-Watch. Its called S Watch. Its like Swiss made and stuff and supposed to be really cool for guys and stuff
Me: Could your friend possibly mean Swatch and not S-Watch?
She: errm, ok then bye.


* Yes, Hard-earned. Money is Money and should always be assumed to be hard earned. The fact that I don’t do much to earn mine shouldn’t matter.
**To my dear darling boyfriend who doesn’t read this blog cause he thinks he can write better: if you don’t like the gifts I got you I WILL TAKE THEM BACK. No way am I spending that money on a watch and not getting good returns on it

No comments: